Registration & Race Pack Collection
@ Sportsman Warehouse Fourways Crossing
Race Pack includes the following:
- Race Number & SS Timing Chip (NO other chip can be used)
- Race Jacket (applies to ROCKMAN ULTRA entries)
- Race Shirt (applies to DASH entries)
- Swimming Cap (Triathletes only
Late Entry Fees:
- Ultra Triathlon: Individual R1000 /Team: R1500
- Dash Triathlon: Individual R500 / Team: R700
- Dash Duathlon: Individual R480 / Team: R650
- Kid’s Adventure Challenge R80
- Late Entries at Registration for the all races will be welcome on a cash payment basis only
- Collection on behalf of someone: please provide copy of their ID and confirmation of entry
- This is not applicable to Rock Kids entrants. Please refer to the programme below for the Rock Kids details.
Race Day: 18th February 2018
Cradle Moon Lakeside Game Lodge
59 Beyers Naude Drive
Tel: (011) 919 5000 (Accommodation)
Google Maps: Cradle Moon Lakeside Game Lodge, Muldersdrift
Conservancy Exit Bands
The venue is part of a nature conservancy and we ask visitors to abide by the rules of entry. The conservancy fee has been paid for all athletes, however all spectators & children over 3yrs will need to purchase their own @ R30 each at Resort Reception prior to exit. Conservancy exit bands for all ROCKAN Athletes will be handed out at the tog bag hold area outside transition on showing your race number, Rock-Kids will receive theirs at registration.
Event Day Programme
18th February 2018
05h00 Queries Desk Open “Info”Marquee
If you have your race pack, do not report to “Info”, go direct to Transition Area for body marking)
05h30 Ultra & Dash Transition Open
06h30 Kids Area Opens – Presented by SunSure (sign kids in if you participating)
06h40 Ultra Transition Closes
06h45 Ultra Race Briefing – compulsory
07h00 Ultra Race – Swim Start (including teams)
07h05 Dash Transition closes
07h20 Dash Duathlon Start (including teams, under Blue Brooks Arch)
07h20 Dash (Sprint) Race Briefing – compulsory
07h25 Dash Triathlon Start
11h00 Dash Prize Giving (or @ Race Director discretion once final results in)
TBC Prize Giving (or @ Race Director discretion once final results in)
15h00 Kids Area Closes (All kids to be collected from area)
16h00 Event Breakdown
ULTRA CUT-OFF TIMES
01H15 Ultra Swim leg
14h30 End of MTB leg
16h30 End of Lap 1 on run
18h00 Finish line cut-off
ROCK-KIDS ADVENTURE CHALLENGE
08H00 Registration / On the day entries open (if space available)
09h45 Rock-Kids Race Briefing
10H00 Start 5 – 8 yrs
10h20 Start 9 yrs +
Race times may vary slightly later if the main race has not passed through the Kids route.
All Kids receive medals, & goody bags at the end of the race, no prize-giving is held for the Kids event. Moms & Dads there is still plenty time to enter the kids this week at Registration & on the day. Remember, we have a Kids Zone supervised a, where you can check them into while you race. Full information on the website.
Arrival on Race Day
Dash Athletes –Red marked on right arm & right leg
Ultra Athletes – Black marked on right arm & right leg
Not required for duathlon athletes or kids
Please do not arrive late, check your transition open & closing times, they will not hold these open, arrive at least 30 minutes prior to this.
Please ensure you check above programme for timing, as this is compulsory
The Race Director may make any necessary changes to the routes and distances as he may deem necessary due to weather, safety or otherwise as laid out in our rules.
Routes & Disciplines
Trail Run 14km
Trail Run 5km
Trail Run 900m
Trail Run 5km
Please note that the distances have been altered slightly to accommodate the best route options for athletes. As per our rules these changes are at the discretion of the Race Director
Important Race Rules
To be worn on handle bars for the MTB & around the waist for the Trail Run
We are expecting a wet-suit legal swim
No helmet – no ride.
Cycle & Run
An upper body garment must be worn on run and cycle. Footwear is compulsory on run and cycle.
It is very important that you read through the entire event rules. These apply to all events unless otherwise indicated. Failure to adhere to these rules at all times may result in a DQ. Please go to www.rockmanxtri.co.zaand you will find the rules under Info.
Timing & Results
Preliminary results will be made available on the day & posted on the notice board.
Appeals for prizewinners must be made within 30 minutes after 1st results released, no appeals once prize giving commences will be considered. Race numbers must be handed back at the finish line immediately after the race.
Official results will be posted on www.rockmanxtri.co.za within 2 days post event.
Estimated time will be at 11:00 for the Dash and estimated 14:00 for the Ultra, or once all results have been verified. These times are at the discretion of the race director and may change according to circumstances, weather, etc. To qualify for your prize you have to be present at prize giving or forfeit. Cash prizes will be paid out post official clearance of results, within 7 days post the event.
World Class Recovery brought to you at Rockman by 32Gi
As the official nutrition partner of Rockman, 32Gi has invested in creating a world-class recovery zone for all participating Rockman athletes. Partnering with Recover4You, 32Gi will ensure that all athletes are completely spoilt with proper recovery nutrition including blended 32Gi Protein Shakes while you sit and have your legs recovered with compression recovery equipment by Recover4You.
At 32Gi, we believe an athletes experience should not end at the finish line, but should be the start of being rewarded for the hard work and effort in getting there.
The 32Gi Recovery Zone will be a world-class experience for all participants and you will be able to recover like a Pro.
Massages will be available for 15 minutes at R30 post event at the R&R area indicated on the venue layout.
Land Rover Shuttle – our official Vehicle Supplier
There will be a shuttle service sponsored by Land Rover from the parking bays situated near the reception to the event area. Make sure you keep an eye out for them if you need a lift. Be sure to visit the Land Rover Experience Zone and stand the opportunity to win one of 5 Land Rover 4×4 Experiences valued at over R2500 each!
Visit the Brooks stand and get your Brooks Shoe special with a minimum of R400 off your favourite Sports Shoe Brand! Come and chat to the Specialists about what’s best for your feet!
Merida will have a display of their latest bikes; feel free to chat to the team about your requirements.
Visit the mechanical station at the seconding area for spares and for a service.
Catering & Bar
Onsite catering will available on a cash and credit card basis (no ATM onsite) and includes items such as:
• Bacon & Egg Rolls
• Muffins & fruit
• Burgers & Pizza
• Ice Cream
We encourage you to support our caterers; however you are most welcome to bring your own picnic baskets.
There will be a bar setup at the pool area on race day for your enjoyment. You may not bring any of your own alcohol onto the site.
• No Pets allowed – you will not be allowed into the venue with any pets, this is a nature conservancy, please respect this request.
• SunSure sunscreen exclusive to Pick n Pay available on site.
• Children’s Entertainment area available, please sign children in if both parents participating before you race at “Sun Sure Kids Area” (Blue Starshade).
• Tog Bag hold available at transition
• Water tables will be available on all routes at intervals, but please ensure you have sufficient hydration prepared \ No support or spectators will be allowed on the cycle route due to athlete’s safety, seconding as per rules.
• Toilet Facilities: 2 toilet blocks available, one at Dam Wall, one as signed to Finish area from car park, two in transition.
• Due to strict water restrictions we are not permitted to have any shower facilities available and a bike wash.
• Please be aware that their is wild life on the property. They are not tame so please respect their space and please do not touch them for safety reasons.
• Jetline Action Photo will be taking all the action shots and the photos. Please visit www.jetlineactionphoto.com
• This years Nature Conservancy Fee for participants and spectators will be
• covered by the events Organisers.
• Club & Spectator Gazebo area will be demarcated – please set up in these area’s only
Important Things To Pack
• Race Pack – Timing chip / Race numbers / Swimming cap
• Swimming gear (incl wetsuit & goggles)
• Bicycle (Mtb only)
• Water bottles
• Bike tools
• Bike gloves
• Spare tube / slime and plugs
• Chain oil
• Spray & Cook – to spray bike in muddy conditions
• Running & Cycling Shoes
• Bars / gels (optional)
• Chaffing cream / Vaseline (optional)
• Change of clothing
• Heart rate monitor / watch (optional)
• Large bag for dirty clothes & shoes
• Rain gear
• Shade & chairs